Lead Recovery Support Specialist
Location: The Granite HouseSalary: $15 Status: Full Time Shift: Other
Lead Recovery Support Specialist
Reports to: Recovery Support Specialist Supervisor
About our organization:
All employees of the Company treat our clients and coworkers with dignity and respect. We work together as a team and provide a great service to our client and one another. We are compassionate and have the highest level of integrity. We take 100% responsibility for our jobs and give zero excuses. We are innovators and strive for excellence. It is your responsibility to make and keep Granite Recovery Centers great.
The purpose of the position of Lead Recovery Support Specialist is to maintain a staff of RSS ensuring RSS are capable of doing their jobs. This is achieved by monitoring their behavior and interaction with clients. Lead RSS must also keep a pulse on the lives of RSS outside of the workplace, ensuring they are living up to and/or working on spiritual principles. This ensures a level of transparency when RSS are caring for clients. Lead RSS will privately redirect RSS when they fall short, including progressive discipline when appropriate.
- College degree preferred; high school diploma or equivalency required
- Excellent interpersonal skills maintaining a positive collaborative relationship among staff
- Communication skills also include the ability to listen and understand employees
- Lead Recovery Support Specialist will oversee both hands on and through delegation, the training of all new RSS. Lead RSS will implement both a RSS training manual and “live” practical training of new RSS. Training of RSS will always be an ongoing process which will be communicated by RSS Supervisor to RSS
- Lead RSS will be a point of contact when information needs to be relayed from other departments to RSS, including, Clinical, 12 Step, Administrative, Dining and Executive departments
- Conducting organizational and administrative duties
- Communicating effectively in written and oral form
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Lead RSS must attend Morning Staffing Meeting, QA Meeting, Supervisors Meeting and Recovery Planning Meeting as designee of Recovery Support Specialist Supervisor when necessary. In addition, Lead RSS may be asked to participate in writing of Policy and Procedure
- Time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to make decisions and find alternative solutions to problems
- Lead RSS will work with other departments to ensure clients make it to appointments, including lab, doctor and legal appointments. RSS Supervisor will ensure all documents from said appointments are uploaded into client charts
- Lead RSS will oversee on-site admissions process. RSS staff will be delegated the responsibility of getting the client admitted. Lead RSS will ensure all paperwork is uploaded into the client chart, contacts entered, a picture is uploaded and all necessary tags changed. Lead RSS will work with Office Manager to determine if any training opportunities exist in the paperwork
- Lead RSS will periodically audit med logs to ensure State compliance. Any discrepancies will be corrected through a training opportunity for the entire staff. In addition to med logs
- Lead RSS will ensure all discharges are executed with proper paperwork, returning of property and returning of medication to the client. RSS Supervisor is responsible for ensuring all discharge paperwork is uploaded and transport for the client is scheduled, if applicable
- Lead RSS will redirect clients as any RSS does as well as imposing growth opportunities if the situation calls for it
- Lead RSS will take responsibility for the condition of the residential units on campus
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to stand from time to time
- Use hands to handle or feel. Ability to talk or hear
- Frequently required to reach with hands or arms
- Ability to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties as assigned and where practical to meet the needs of the organization.